The National Council for History Education (NCHE) is seeking a remote, part-time Program Assistant (10 hours per week) under the direction of the Education Coordinator. The assistant will work collaboratively with staff to support the development and implementation of educational programming, marketing, and recordkeeping.
By March 20th, 2021, submit a single .pdf file to Dr. Matt Missias at firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
- A one-page cover letter that provides a description of the candidate’s qualifications for the position.
- A résumé/curriculum vitae.
- Bachelor’s degree in History, History Education, Social Studies Education, Curriculum and Teaching/Instruction with emphasis in History or Social Studies, or related field
- Experience teaching in a K-12 setting
- 1+ years of experience in managing website and social media
- Ability to work from home, including stable internet
- Masters or terminal degree in History, History Education, Social Studies Education, Curriculum and Teaching/Instruction with emphasis in History or Social Studies, or related field. Individuals currently in an accredited program to meet this qualification will be strongly considered.
- Experience with educational technology and online learning tools including video production and editing
Key Cultural Competencies
- Ability to create an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates differences
- Effective and respectful communication within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds
- Continuously seeking opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings
Conditions and Salary
- This is a part-time position with a 10 hour per week expectation; it is not eligible for benefits.
- This position pays $20 per hour.
- Website Management – Work with the Education Coordinator to update the NCHE website. The NCHE website is a hub for resources and opportunities for history educators. Coding is not required or expected.
- Social Media and Email Communication – Communicate effectively through social media, frequently supplying educators with relevant and timely content. Collaborate on the production of the monthly History Matters! e-newsletter.
- Online Course Building and Management – Edit and manage online courses on our Moodle-based Digital Learning Center.
- Conference and Event Planning – Assist in planning of colloquia and in-person and online conferences.
- Data Analytics – Track and report social media, website, and event traffic.
- Other duties as assigned